The Best of Both Worlds
Face-to-face and online learning combine to provide professionals with time flexibility and quality learning, while maintaining colleague interaction and networking opportunities.
- On campus classes one night a week
- Remainder of weekly coursework online
- Virtual attendance capabilities
- All classes archived
- Team-work on your own schedule
The Professional MBA is a hybrid, part-time, evening program designed for those who wish to continue working while pursuing their degree. Through an interactive exchange with faculty and classmates, MBA students:
- Refine their skills in the core functions of business;
- Develop analytical and qualitative skills necessary for effective business decision-making and managing the organization;
- Collaborate with regional and global clients to develop effective responses to their problems and opportunities, and
- Gain the perspective necessary to deal with current and future issues facing organizations.
Core business functions are integrated into the program to provide a foundation of strategic thinking through communications, decision-making, teamwork, organizational change, information technology, the international dimension, technological innovation, social responsibility and ethics.
During the program, students complete three primary integrative tools to increase their knowledge:
- Learning Alliance – Students are placed into a consulting team and paired with a regional firm. Projects coincide with program coursework. The Alliance culminates with strategic recommendations to the firm.
- Industry Practicum – All second-year MBA students choose a field to focus their studies and complete either a practicum or a series of elective courses. Students use this opportunity to improve management skills, put theory into practice, build or enhance their career, and develop recommendations into implementable solutions.
- Executive Challenge – Through cases and guest speakers, students integrate the core functions of business to solve a problem. The course culminates in a real-life "challenge" presented by a guest executive.