Campus visitation is the first Friday of each month beginning September 5th. Gain more information about the program, talk with current students, take a tour of campus, and have your questions answered by a financial aid representative. You could even win a $50 voucher toward the GMAT! Advance registration is required. Registration and directions
Applications are due by midnight
on the days below
- June 1 for fall admission (March 1st for financial assistance)
- November 1 for spring admission.
Applicants are encouraged to apply early. Admission to the graduate program is competitive, and not all applicants may be admitted to the program.
We look forward to hearing from you and answering any questions you may have on enrolling in the Master of Science in Computer Science and Information Systems. Information on our program may be found by:
- checking our web site
- attending an information session
- calling or emailing us (contact below)
- scheduling a personal appointment
MS CSIS Admission
You can begin an application online with no commitment or fee. It's a good way to find out more.
Applicants seeking admission to the MS CSIS graduate program are required to submit the following to the UNCW Graduate School:
- An official application for graduate admissions
- Official transcripts of all college work (graduate and undergraduate). Note that if you attended UNCW, you do not have to request UNCW transcripts.
- Transcripts from foreign institutions must be evaluated by a credentials service prior to submission to UNCW.
- Official transcripts should be mailed to The Graduate School, UNCW, 601 South College Road, Wilmington, NC 28403 or they can be e-mailed directly by the institution to grad firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Official test scores:
- Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- GMAT Prep Course available October 18th and 19th
The UNCW institution code for the GMAT and GRE is 5907.
- On - Campus GMAT Preparation Courses
- Note that scores more than five years old will not be accepted
- Economically distressed applicants may contact Karen Barnhill to request an application for GRE or GMAT fee waiver
- TOEFL (560 points) or IELTS (6.5 points) (required for non-native English speakers)
- Three letters of recommendation by individuals who can comment on the applicant's potential for successfully completing of a master's degree program. (Only recommendations submitted as part of the on-line application process will be accepted)
- Certificates of training in computer science/information systems if applicable
- Applicant’s resume
- Letter of interest. The letter of interest should include a description of your goals in pursuing a graduate degree and the area of specialization that is of the most interest to you.
- A non refundable application fee of $60.00
- International applicants must also complete international student forms (found on the application web site) and must provide proof of financial support
Graduate assistantships and scholarships are available and are awarded on a competitive basis upon acceptance to the program.