CIS Building - Room 2047
Email [ matthewskd AT uncw DOT edu ]
Fall 2012 Course Schedule
Fall 2012 Office Hours
Best to make an appointment!
Mondays & Wednesdays
Thursdays & Fridays
By appointment only.
Lecturer, Management Information Systems
Masters of Science, Computer Science and Information Systems, 2008
University of North Carolina Wilmington – Wilmington, NC
Thesis: Development and Evaluation of an Adaptive Grading/Learning System (AGLS)
Bachelors of Science, Computer Science, 2005
Methodist College – Fayetteville, NC
Courses Previously Taught
- MIS 213: Introduction to Information Systems and Technology, 2010 - Present
- MIS 216: Introduction to Business Application Development, 2009 - Present
- MIS 310: Web Page Development - Client side, 2011
- MIS 316: Computer Concepts and Applications, 2012 - Present
- Programming concepts and logic
- Business application development
- Web development and web technologies, client- and server-side
- Database systems and management
- Software/Systems analysis and design
- Applied Information Technology Trends and Economics
- Web-based Technologies (Social Networking, e-Commerce, etc)
- Agile software development
- Learning systems
- Human Computer Interaction (HCI)
- Learning theory and technology-aided teaching and pedagogy
Publications, Presentations, & Proceedings
“Implementation of an Automated Grading System with an Adaptive Learning Component to Affect Student Feedback and Response Time.” Forthcoming. Accepted to Journal of Information Systems Education, March, 2012. (Matthews, K., Janicki, T., He L., Patterson, L.).
“Teaching Introductory Visual Basic Using Microsoft's Team Foundation Server.” 2012 Proceedings of the Information Systems Educators Conference. November, 2012. New Orleans, LA. (Matthews, K. D., Martin, P., Kline, D. M.).
“Teaching Introductory Visual Basic Using MS Team Foundation Server.” Abstract. Presented at the Annual Meeting of the Information Systems Education Conference, November, 2011, Wilmington, NC. (Kline, D. M., Martin, P., Matthews, K., Janicki, T., Guinn, C.).
“Development and Preliminary Results of an Adaptive Grading / Learning System (AGLS).” Presented at 40th Annual Meeting of the Southeast Decision Sciences Institute, February, 2010, Wilmington, NC. (Matthews, K. and Janicki, T.). Received Best Paper Award.
Best Paper Award, Innovative Education and Experiential Learning Track 40th Annual Meeting of the Southeast Decision Sciences Institute – 2010